Most businesses sponsor and attend trade shows to:
- Identify new business opportunities
- Deepen relationships with clients
- Stay top-of-mind with customers and prospects
- Increase brand awareness and sales
When your marketing and sales teams participate in trade shows, are you able to prove these things are actually happening?
In other words, can you demonstrate that your business is earning a return on its investment in attending and sponsoring trade shows and conferences?
Most companies don’t approach trade show marketing with a plan to capture meaningful information about the people they interact with at events.
Even worse, the information that is collected often ends up:
- Lost in fish bowls full of business cards
- Forgotten in notebooks, spreadsheets and third-party databases
- Misplaced in salespeople’s pockets and bags
- Worthless because it can’t be uploaded to systems used by sales teams for post-event follow up.
For the few companies that actually collect and store meaningful data, most don’t know how to analyze it and use it effectively to generate measurable results.
This is a BIG issue because studies show that depending on the industry, companies allocate between 20 and 30 percent or more of their marketing budgets to trade shows and events. That’s a large percentage of marketing dollars not generating clear and provable results.
So, what can you do to turn this around?
Many leading-edge companies develop interactive experiences that are designed to:
- Cut through trade show clutter and attract attendees to booths and tables
- Engage people so they have unforgettable interactions with brands
- Control information flow so key messages are delivered to prospective buyers in optimal ways
- Collect meaningful data and information
- Automatically upload data into systems salespeople and marketers use for post-trade show follow-up
- Evaluate and grade prospects to rate their potential for converting into customers.
The use of intuitive and intelligent event experiences allows marketers and sales professionals to put context around their interactions with people at trade shows. This provides the insights needed to personalize follow-up once events are over. All of this helps improve results over time and make it possible to prove ROI on trade show marketing and sales initiatives.
Creating interactive experiences may seem complex, time-consuming and expensive, but it doesn’t have to be.
Mobile Locker regularly works with clients to develop highly engaging tablet-based experiences that are proven to increase the ROI of your booth. With the ease of Survey Monkey, you can build personalized lead capture forms in a matter of minutes that instantly engage visitors. Whether you’re working with a designer or creating it yourself, Mobile Locker makes it easy to power your event with the interactive experience you need to stand out from the crowd.
What are you waiting for? Isn’t it time to speak with a Mobile Locker trade show expert to find out how our sales enablement solution could help maximize the results of your trade show and event marketing and sales initiatives? Contact us today!